The content of the course will cover:
- The roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery position
- CPR and AED
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Anaphylaxis and allergic reactions
- Febrile convulsions
- Diabetic emergencies
- Burns and scalds
- Electric shock
- External bleeding
- Hypovolaemic shock
- Eye, ear and nose conditions
- Bites and stings
- Minor injuries
- Treatment for hot and cold body temperatures
- Dealing with accidents
- Unconscious and breathing baby and child
- Unconscious and not breathing baby and child
- First aid kits and hygiene techniques
- Recording, reporting and administering medication
- Swallowed something harmful
If you want to understand and provide first aid for infants and children, then the Level 3 Paediatric First Aid Training Course is the one for you. You will also gain an understanding on how to administer first aid to an infant or child with a medical condition or illness.
Would you know what to do if a child in your care needed first aid?
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework requires all early years providers in England to have at least one person who has a current and full paediatric first aid certificate on the premises and available at all times when children are present. Providers should also take into account the number of children, staff and layout of the premises and increase their paediatric first aid provision accordingly to ensure that a paediatric first aider is available to respond to emergencies quickly.
Who Should Attend?
This Level 3 Paediatric First Aid course meets the requirements of the Early Years foundation stage statutory framework.
It meets Ofsted requirements for registered childminders, pre school staff, nursery nurses and the requirements for nannies under the Approved Carers Scheme.
Note: This qualification fulfils Ofsted’s first aid requirements for early year’s teachers, nursery workers and child minders (as defined within the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 and within The Child Care Register guide).
(This course replaces what was formally known as the 12 Hour Paediatric First Aid since 1st September 2014)
Paediatric First Aid Training Course Qualification
The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) has been specifically designed to meet the criteria set by the Department for Education’s EYFS Framework and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 and/or level 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with EYFS requirements.
- Registered childminders and assistants who are required to hold a current and full paediatric first aid certificate in order to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who has a non-professional involvement with infants and children, such as parents, grandparents and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
Successful candidates will learn the roles and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider, and will be equipped with the necessary skills to administer safe and effective treatment when dealing with a range of paediatric first aid situations.
*Newly qualified entrants to an early years setting who have completed a level 2 and/or level 3 qualification on or after 30th June 2016, must also have either a full paediatric first aid or an emergency paediatric first aid certificate within three months of starting work.
Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline.
Certificates are valid for 3 years.
1 – 6 Delegates £500 + VAT
7 – 9 Delegates £600 + VAT
10 – 16 Delegates £650 + VAT
Alternatively please look at our open courses at £70 + vat per person. VIEW COURSES